Financial support for Foster Carers
In addition to the many emotional rewards offered by fostering, the role you perform also comes with financial benefits:
- As an FSG foster carer, you receive highly competitive fostering rates in recognition of the professional, highly significant job you perform. The standard rate starts at £420 and £760 for the enhanced package.
- FSG foster carers also enjoy extra tax breaks in the UK. Plus, in many situations, the money you receive from fostering doesn’t affect any benefits you may currently be receiving. Our social workers are available to discuss any aspect of foster carer finances with you.
- Every carer is given two weeks of paid respite each year.
- Every child in placement receives an annual Holiday Grant of £400.
- We may also offer additional payments and benefits, based on the needs of each individual child.
- We also pay an incentive to carers who recommend friends who subsequently become foster carers.
In addition FSG will also offer
- Your own dedicated supervising social worker who will support you with all your care requirements.
- Ongoing professional training.
- Fostering Support Group also arranges special events for our carers, staff and children. Each year, we hold an Awards Ceremony to recognise our Young People’s achievements, a dinner dance and annual conference for carers and staff.
- We also arrange summer activities and fun-outings for carers, young people and staff, and consult with our carers as to what shape the activities should take.
Get in Touch
Speak to our friendly and knowledgeable team for more information or to begin your journey to becoming a foster carer. Simply complete the form or give us a call and we’ll be in touch.